Sunday, November 19, 2006

Can't get around it ...

Since my previous post about the "dutiful" analytics situation, I have heard the following comments about the lesson that little story might hold:

1. Being in analytics is just like whistling in the wind (the actual wind-related metaphor was a little more colorful)

2. You'll never go wrong underestimating the [insert vague personnel reference here]

3. We are NOT the Borg

4. It's never too early in the day to go home depressed


Although I think they all qualify as properly existential and therefore perfectly valid interpretations of the cosmic moment described, I have bounced back from my initial dismay. The lesson I am personally taking away is:

5. Never, never, ever let anybody run a WebTrends report by themselves. Unless they have personally wowed you in some kind of metrics-related discussion. Without that proof of worthiness, they will inevitably bring shame and harm to your profession and shorten your career and life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home